Friday, January 23, 2015

John Paul Jones, First Captain of the U.S. Navy


Description of Illustration: a full color, fully restored print by an anonymous Victorian illustrator, 1898, deck of a ship, cannon, crew, John Paul Jones, three-corner hat

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.

The original text for this illustration may be found at the internet archive.  The scans of this particular volume have not been restored. However, I happen to own a crumbling copy of this text in my own collection. If you compare my restoration work with the archive copy you can see just how much can be done professionally to improve antique work that needs a bit of loving care.  

Left is a scan only of a very old print,
Right is the same print restored with love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment